Syndigo needed to bring a unified approach to disparate sales teams on how to manage and sell to achieve its growth goals
CT Connect helped to embed Field Management and Value Selling principles by guiding managers who, where and how to coach
Syndigo saw that the more coaching new hires received, the better their performance, and overall % of sellers at goal increased by 38% within 1 year
Joining a new leadership team in 2018 as Chief Revenue Officer, Justin Hartnov was faced with the challenge of bringing together several disparate sales teams together under one commercial operating system. As a result of an aggressive acquisition strategy, Justin authored two key commercial operating principles to govern the evolving sales organization:
- The Field Management Process (FMP) – a sales governance framework outlining 13-critical sales management activities (field / joint traveling, pipeline review, forecast review, etc.)
- Business Value Selling (BVS) – the sales methodology outlining the approach to move a prospect from Stage 1 (Discovery) – Stage 7 (Contract Negotiations).
Yet, with so many new managers and sellers joining the organization, the question remained how to go beyond traditional training to ensure the concepts of the FMP and BVS became embedded within the day-to-day operations of the sales organization.
Justin partnered with CT Connect to operationalize the FMP and Value Selling in three key steps:
- Build Sales Coaching frameworks (aka Assessment Maps) aligned to Value Selling principles across the sales process in order for managers to consistently observe and coach sales calls.
Key managerial ceremonies were later added including: Deal, Pipeline, and Forecast Reviews as well as QBRs.
- Leverage recommendations to prescribe Who and Where his managers should be allocated in order to optimize coaching capacity and set clear coaching expectations to both his managers and sellers.
- Measure and monitor coaching results in real-time and make appropriate adjustments along the way. As Justin and his team gained further familiarity with the principles of effective coaching, the amount of coaching each seller received increased nearly 3x, behavioral Value Selling profiles were built to better align enablement objectives, and more sellers engineered to goal.
- Coaching increased 3x and Value Selling profiles were built for every seller and team. And with ~50% of all New Business and Renewals sellers new to the role in 2020, the correlation between coaching and performance was impossible to ignore. First year sellers with 10+ assessments outperformed those with <5 assessments by 3x.
- After 1 year, the % of sellers at plan increased by 38%.
“We have been able to run a successful field management process, by understanding where managers are coaching, with which reps, and at what stages in the funnel. CT Connect has had a tremendous impact on improving the % of reps we get to plan.”
– Justin Hartanov, Chief Commercial Officer
As the first unified solution for content management, syndication, analytics, and verified product information, Syndigo is raising the standard of what great product experiences can be. Through its Content Experience Hub, Syndigo is the largest single source network for managing and syndicating complete and accurate product information, enabling clients to increase in-store and eCommerce sales and optimize in-store and shelf layouts to facilitate path to purchase.