According to Corporate Visions research, sales and marketing teams agree that a rep’s ability to deliver the best possible message to prospects is the key factor in closing a deal (85% agree). Yet, practice, roleplay, and coaching of these messages is nearly nonexistent, with only 41% of companies asking their team to demonstrate proficiency before going to market. The missed opportunity impacts every aspect of selling – reps influence the market less often, close less business, and fail to break the status quo.
Creating discipline and a road to a practice-based culture allows teams to adopt the right skills, messages, and behaviors necessary to articulate value to prospects.
After Corporate Visions acquired a series of companies, including WhiteboardSelling, Executive Conversations, and BayGroup International, they needed to combine multiple sales teams into one group selling the entire portfolio. This presented a challenge: Corporate Visions needed a way to ensure that reps mastered all of the company’s messaging and could practice before selling.
CommercialTribe helped Corporate Visions to design a sales enablement approach for boosting messaging proficiency across the worldwide sales team. To help adopt the new mesagging and drive practice, CommercialTribe created a Product & Service Go-to-Market plan that encorporated the suite of new solutions. The plan combined several steps to build out a practice-based activity curriculum for Corporate Visions:
- Leaders recorded best practice delivery of the company’s seven point of view whiteboard stories for each offering
- Reps viewed and practiced as many times as it took to get it right, and then submitted their final take for manager feedback and certification
- Leaders saw a report on their organization’s performance and how well reps adopted the right message
- Reps were required to stand and deliver each of the seven whiteboards during a two-day workshop at the company’s sales kick-off
- Over 90% of the entire selling organization participated and certified on the seven strategic whiteboard stories within three months
- Each whiteboard scenario was practiced and recorded 2.5 times on average before final submission
- Unanimous reps feedback that the sales kick-off was the most impactful, useful, and fulfilling in their experience, including previous companies
CommercialTribe is assisting Corporate Visions in driving the quality and consistency of their messaging, joining the progressive 9% of companies using video to practice. With reps able to articulate value and break the status quo, Corporate Visions is documenting improvements in cross-product pipeline and cross-sell conversions.
About Corporate Visions
Corporate Visions, Inc. helps global business-to-business companies create more sales opportunities, overcome the status quo, and win more deals by improving the conversations sales representatives have with customers.
Find out more at http://www.corporatevisions.com.
- CommercialTribe designed a Product & Service Go-to-Market solution
- Over 90% of the team practiced
- Sales kick-off was the most impactful, useful, and fulfilling in reps' experience
"CommercialTribe’s video-based practice helps our team and clients develop quality and consistency in their messaging that allows reps to make a difference in the market. Complex skills and messages that previously weren’t being reviewed are now practiced more than 3 times each, until they are mastered. When reps are able to practice and get feedback, they can take the right stories to a prospect and spark an entirely new insight, changing a sales presentation into an engaging answer to 'why change.’"
- Tim Riesterer, CSO/CMO
Corporate Visions, Inc.